Tuesday, February 6, 2007

Tuesday, photos of participants










































































Today's workshop went smoothly, and I think everyone is feeling more relaxed. I gave three lectures, and we had better discussion than yesterday. I walked around with a hand microphone to make closer contact. At the end of the day, we formed the work groups for tomorrow's projects. Each group will study one of the five lecture topics and share what they learn with everyone on Thursday. I asked them to report what is currently happening in that area in Thailand and what they would like to happen. I cautioned them to tell me what they CAN do, rather than what they cannot do. I will be available for consultation throughout the day tomorrow. I'm looking forward to their presentations.
If you wonder why so many people are wearing yellow, it's in honor of the much-revered King's 80th birthday this year. They will wear yellow all year, and many of the shirts/jackets have rabbits embroidered on them, because he was born in the year of the rabbit. He's been on the throne 61 years (ascended at age 19), and he's been extremely active until recently. He loves Jazz and other artistic pursuits, too.
His daughter, the Princess, is very involved at SWU, where she took one of her many degrees. All the Thai people like and respect her good work on behalf of the people, especially in education. It's inspiring.

No comments: